Stephens Production Company has collaborated with EnergyLink to provide an Owner Relations Online Website where you may obtain your revenue check detail, free of charge, via a secure internet website.

To access the website use the following web address: www.energylink.com

Please use the self registration option at https://www.energylink.com/Public/Signup.aspx to create your account.  If you need assistance, you may contact EnergyLink by phone at 1-888-573-3364 or online at https://energylink.com/contact.

In addition to the Owner Relations Online System, Stephens Production Company offers an electronic funds transfer (ACH) direct deposit payment option for its revenue interest owners. This service is provided for your convenience and at no cost to you.

Some of the benefits of ACH electronic payment include:

  • Quicker access to your money
  • Elimination of mail delays or lost mail
  • Payments automatically deposited to your account
  • Increased security

ACH payments are only available for accounts drawn on banks within the United States and for payment amounts less than $50,000.

Please note, if you elect to receive electronic payments, you will no longer receive check payment detail by mail. The check detail can be accessed online at www.energylink.com.

To enroll in Direct Deposit simply complete the Direct Deposit Enrollment Form and return a signed and dated copy of the form with: (i) a voided check and (ii) proof of identification to either: royalty@stephensnr.com or Stephens Production Company, EFT Maintenance, Royalty/Division Order Department, PO Box 2407, Fort Smith, AR 72902-2407.

Note that you will continue to receive a check while we process your ACH electronic payment request.

l continue to receive a check while we process your ACH electronic payment request.

Direct Deposit Enrollment Form

Frequently Asked Questions

  • What is the fee for the ACH electronic payment service?

    Stephens Production Company does not charge a fee for electronic payments made by ACH or for accessing your payment details online.

  • What is the minimum revenue check amount?

    Payments are issued when the distributable amount is met per the applicable state statute. Additionally, Stephens Production Company will make an annual payment on accounts with amounts equal to or greater than $10 during the month of June. Amounts less than $10 will be distributed in full if the well has been plugged and abandoned.

  • Can monthly payments be split and deposited into more than one bank account?

    No – We can only provide payment to one account in the name of the interest holder.

  • What if I close my account and open a new one?

    You may change the banking instructions at any time, but please remember to provide written notification at least 30 days in advance for account changes. If changes are not communicated timely and an ACH transfer is declined by your bank, it may require research to resolve and may significantly delay your receipt of the funds.

Owner Relations

  • How do I contact Stephens Production Company?

    We have several options when trying to contact Stephens Production Company

    Mail To:   Stephens Production Company

    Attn: Owner Relations, Royalty/Division Order Department
    P.O. Box 2407
    Fort Smith, Arkansas 72902-2407

    Telephone:         (479) 783-4191
    Fax Number:      (479) 783-4195
    Email Address:  royalty@stephensnr.com

  • If I have changed my name, what should I send Stephens Production Company?

    A copy of a legal document, such as marriage certificate or divorce decree, must be provided to make the name change on your account. It is important that you include your owner number, Social Security Number, address and phone number with your notification.

  • What happens if I change my marital status?

    Changes must be received in writing. Please send changes to:

    Stephens Production Company
    Attn: Owner Relations or Royalty/Division Order Department
    P.O. Box 2407
    Fort Smith, Arkansas 72902-2407

    Include your new address and signature. Please include your owner number and the last four numbers of your Social Security Number for verification. Please send a copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree or other legal documents to update your name. Also, make sure to sign and date the request.

  • My mother died last month. What do I do about my mother’s ownership?

    Oil and Gas interests are considered real property and as such are governed by the laws of the state in which they are located. In order to transfer the interest according to a Will, the Will must be probated in the state in which the land is located. The exception is that Texas will allow you to file probate from another state to document a change in title. If there is no probate or the Will is not probated in the state in which the land is located, you should submit to Stephens Production Company a completed Affidavit of Heirship (also known as a Proof of Death and Heirship) and a copy of the death certificate. Please contact Stephens Production Company, Owner Relations, or Royalty/Division Order Department for instructions more specific to your case.

  • How do I report a change of ownership?

    All change of ownership requests must be submitted in writing and accompanied by the recorded conveyance document filed in the county pertinent to the well location.

  • I have transferred my interest to a trust. What do you need?

    A copy of the Trust Agreement or Memorandum of Trust or Extract of Trust (for Louisiana), along with a copy of the recorded conveyance pertinent to location of well(s) or lease(s) including all pertinent legal descriptions transferring the property into the Trust, plus the Internal Revenue Service W-9 form for the Trust.

  • Will ACH electronic payment election change the year-end 1099 tax form reporting

    No – 1099’s will still be sent in the mail; the option of ACH payment for your revenue payments has no effect on year-end reporting.

  • How do I change my address?

    Please notify Stephens Production Company promptly of any change in your mailing address. This notice must be in writing with your signature or the signature of your appointed agent. In addition, each party listed on the check will need to sign the address change and it must be dated. Please include the owner number, old address and new address, including zip code. For your protection, address changes will not be accepted by telephone. Mail changes to our Owner Relations, Royalty/Division Order Department.

    Change of Address Form

  • My company has changed its name. What do you need?

    Certificate of name change, as well as, Internal Revenue Service W-9 form.

  • My company has merged with another company. What do you need?

    Certificate of Merger and an Internal Revenue Service W-9 form showing the surviving tax ID number.

  • I have power of attorney for my mother (or other mineral owner). What do you need?

    A copy of the notarized Power of Attorney that has been recorded in the county/state where the well is located.

  • Where do I send documents to have them recorded?

    To obtain the County/Parish Clerk’s address and phone number, one source of information you may choose is www.courthousedirect.com. Choose search by State, County and the address will then be provided. If preparing documents to be recorded it is recommended that you check with the County to obtain their requirements as to document size and margins. What

  • What does Stephens Production Company require when an interest owner has passed away?

    A copy of the Death Certificate and a person we can contact for information regarding the deceased individual.  A cover letter stating if the owner had a valid Last Testament and Will and if such document will be probated through the courts.  If not, please advise and an Heirship Affidavit can be provided. Please contact Owner Relations or Royalty/Division Order Department directly for additional documents that may be required.

  • When are royalty checks mailed each month?

    Royalty checks are mailed on the last business day of the month unless the last day is a holiday or weekend then payment will be made the preceding business day before.

  • For electronic ACH payments, when are payments deposited?

    Direct deposit revenue payments are made on the last business day of the month unless the last day is a holiday or weekend then deposits will be made the preceding business day before.

  • Why is backup withholding deducted from my revenue check?

    A valid Tax Identification Number or Social Security Number must be provided to Stephens Production Company for reporting and identification purposes.  If it is not, the Internal Revenue Service requires withholding 24% of revenues (30% for foreign residents) until the taxpayer identification number is provided.

  • If I am interested in selling my minerals to Stephens Production Company, who should I contact?

    Contact Stephens Production Company’s Owner Relations, Royalty/Division Order Department. We will require a written document signed by all parties in title advising us that are interested in selling

  • Whom do I contact to determine the value of my mineral interest?

    Stephens Production Company does not provide any type of valuation or opinion of your interest.