My mother died last month. What do I do about my mother’s ownership?

November 22, 2019

Oil and Gas interests are considered real property and as such are governed by the laws of the state in which they are located. In order to transfer the interest according to a Will, the Will must be probated in the state in which the land is located. The exception is that Texas will allow you to file probate from another state to document a change in title. If there is no probate or the Will is not probated in the state in which the land is located, you should submit to Stephens Production Company a completed Affidavit of Heirship (also known as a Proof of Death and Heirship) and a copy of the death certificate. Please contact:

Stephens c/o EAG 1Source/Pepper Well Files
2628 Highway 36S PMB 283
Brenham, TX 77833-9616


Telephone: (833) 610-0779

Email Address:

for instructions more specific to your case.